Saturday 2 February 2013

Homemade protein bars

Just had some late lunch and upload before the gym in a little while.
Were out with Linda's (foster) dog for a long walk as well. Up to the mountains lol.

Yesterday I did some homemade protein bars. I want something to replace the snacks and sugar craving you have sometime (though I haven't felt much since I started this whole thing. Haven't had propa snack or candy since Christmas). They turned out alright, will just do some adjustments next time. Make them a bit more moist.

I used:
4dl oatmeal
1 scoop or 1dl of protein powder (flavour of choice, I used natural)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 table spoons of peanut butter
3 egg whites
2 dl oatmilk
Dried fruits and nuts of choice

Oven 150-180C for 15 min.

Next time think I will use more fruits such as bananas to make it less dry.
Instead of the usual sugar you have in normal baking, you can replace it with like 'stevia' or honey, but could not find it in the store.

Borrowed pics, but looks the same.


xxRebecca

No comments: