Monday, 8 March 2010

The most touching story I've heard

Lately I've read in the newspaper about a boy, or now a man, called Jan Venables being taking to custody again (?) after already sentenced jail for a murder he committed about 17 years ago. I have now found out more facts and history about it all.
What I found out have become the most horrified and sick-to-the-stomach stories I've heard.
Here's the story briefly.

"James Patrick Bulger (born 16 March 1990), a two-year-old child from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, was abducted, tortured, and murdered in 1993.
The perpetrators were two 10-year-old boys, Jon Venables, (born 13 August 1982) and Robert Thompson (born 23 August 1982).
Bulger disappeared on 12 February 1993 from the New Strand Shopping Centre, Bootle, while accompanying his mother, and his mutilated body was found on a railway line in nearby Walton on 14 February. Thompson and Venables were charged on 20 February 1993 with the abduction and murder.
Venables and Thompson were found guilty of the murder of Bulger on 24 November 1993, making them the youngest convicted murderers in modern English history. They were sentenced to custody until they reached adulthood, initially until the age of 18, and were released on lifelong licence in June 2001. The case has prompted widespread debate on the issue of how to handle young offenders when they are sentenced or released from custody.

It is what they did that really shocked me:

"The boys took Bulger on a 2.5 miles (4.0 km) walk, leading him to a canal where he sustained injuries to his head and face.
Eventually the boys led Bulger to a railway line near the disused Walton & Anfield railway station, close to Walton Lane police station and Anfield Cemetery, where they attacked him.

Facts established at trial show that, at this location, one of the boys threw blue modeling paint on Bulger's face. They kicked him and hit him with bricks, stones and and 22-pound (10.0 kg) iron bar. They then placed batteries in his mouth. Bulger suffered skull fractures as a result of the iron bar striking his head. Alan Williams, the case's pathologist, speculated that Bulger suffered so many injuries that none could be isolated as the fatal blow.

Before they left him, the boys laid Bulger across the railway tracks and weighted his head down with rubble, in the hope that a train would hit him and make his death appear to be an accident. After Bulger's killers left the scene, his body was cut in half by a train.

Bulger's severed body was discovered two days later, on 14 February. A forensic pathologist testified that he had died before he was struck by the train ".

Face of an angel who's been taking from this planet

Faces of pure evil who sure does not belong on this planet

I have no comments!

No comments: